Monday, October 13, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 10.13.08


Last week at our house didn't turn out how I thought. (Thankfully, there were no fires.)


We arrived home from church last Wednesday night and were about to put Kaitlyn to bed, when she got a wierd look on her face.

A face that made us say, "Uh Oh."

Yeah, she threw up.

Five or six times.

She was sick on Thursday, did fairly well on Friday, but then got sick again on Saturday. Sheesh!

Yesterday was a good day, so she went back to the sitter's house today.

So, that's why I haven't posted in a week. But, I'm back to post my menu plan. (I'm sure your appreciative that I've combined the subjects of menu planning and throwing up in the same post.)

I normally only post my weekday menu but this weekend we might be having friends over, so I will post the menu for that as well.

Monday
Pork roast and potatoes in the crock pot, with herb soup seasoning (mixed with water) on top

Tuesday
Erin's made up chicken casserole - this will be a cross between chicken pot pie (chicken and veggies mixed with cream of chicken soup and chicken broth) and shepherd's pie (w/ mashed potatoes on top)

Wednesday
Pork chops and scalloped potatoes

Thursday
Chicken stir fry with brown rice

Friday
Up for grabs

Weekend Entertaining
Sloppy joes - I made this yesterday and have it in the freezer for the weekend
Mac and cheese - I'm not sure if the kiddos will be too excited about sloppy joes, so I'm making this as an option for them. It's a new recipe for me, but it appealed to me because 1) I can make it in the crock pot and 2) it's Paula Deen - yum!
Veggies and dip
Chips
A modified version of these fruit bars - I pack a little of the mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish, top with sliced apples, then sprinkle the rest of the mixture* on top and bake as recommended. It makes a yummy apple crisp!

*When I say "the rest of the mixture" I really mean whatever is left over after I have "sampled" and "taste tested" it. I wonder how many Weight Watcher points are in this...

There you have it! Stop by orgjunkie.com for more menu ideas.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Poor Kaitlyn! I always feel so helpless when they're throwing up.
I hope she's feeling better!