Thursday, October 30, 2008

Oh yeah... I have a blog!

I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted. Here is a list of excuses reasons why I have not had the energy to blog:

1. Our furnace went out and we lived for a few days with space heaters before we had a chance to get it fixed.
2. I got sick for a few nights with the worst (worst, I tell you!) indigestion in the history of the world. A little melodramatic, yes, but it was AWFUL. (I'm doing much better now, thank you very much, and am much more diligent about things that are just a teensy bit important when it comes to digestive health, like water and vegetables.)
3. Mike has been super busy at work, and Kaitlyn and I have ventured out on a few occasions to help him organize his office and run around to pick up things he needs.
4. Our coffee maker bit the dust, which was only slightly less of an emergency than our furnace going out. We had to set aside all other activities to immediately go and purchase a new one.
5. Laundry.
6. Cooking.
7. Taking the "Financial Peace University" class at our church. (I highly recommend it.)
8. Three all-day workshops at work that sapped my energy. (One was an all-campus staff meeting, one was a grammar and proofreading workshop, and one was on marketing the arts. Exciting stuff.)
9. A general need to take a break and focus on family stuff.
10. Last, but not least, my new obsession with couponing.

I'll have to come back later and write a bit more about some of these things individually.

Honestly, it's been a really rough week for me this week. But things are looking up! Today I feel refreshed and ready to go again.

Plus, my birthday is on Monday and we are celebrating with my family this weekend. My mom and my sister Monica will be making me a yummy dinner, and I'll get to spend some quality time with my favorite people in the whole world!

That's all for now... I hope to return soon to write about a few things that have been rattling around in my head for quite some time. The topics include coupons, trains, being a working mom, and sand paper, among other things.

(Oh, and my 100th post. I've been working on it for quite some time, and I can't believe it's time to unveil it!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back, LOL!

I hear you, my to do list is longer than I am tall... so the only way I get to blog is by cutting out sleep... will do these days. :o)

Blessings, Whitney