Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Because our lives were finally getting back to normal...

I may have mentioned that the company Mike works for was getting ready to move into a new building.

Well, it's not a newly built building, but it's newly purchased. If that even makes sense. Anyway. Moving on...

Today they had moved most, if not all of the equipment in. They had also just received several shipments of inventory in anticipation of starting production soon.

And then, the building caught on fire.

Mike called me soon after 5pm to let me know. He wasn't sure how serious it was and thought maybe it wasn't that bad because the production manager (whom he had just spoken with) was rather low key about it.

Yeah, well, it turned out to be pretty serious.

Four fire departments were called to respond.

Our half of the building is a total loss. The other half of the building housed another company, and I'm not sure if it's possible to save their half.

Here is some video I took:


There are many things to be thankful for:
  1. No one was hurt.
  2. Mike had not yet moved his office over, so all of the company files and his computer are safe.
  3. The company has insurance. :-)
  4. There was enough time to get out several important pieces of equipment.
  5. Mike's boss (the owner) is optimistic that he will have secured a new building by sometime next week.
I have more to blog regarding this, but for now I will just say that I believe good will come out of this. God is good, ALL the time!

As Kaitlyn and I were on our way to the scene of the fire I was praying about the situation. Just as I was expressing to God that I was sure he would work all things for our good, I looked out my window and saw this:


I praise God for his faithfulness!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Erin, that is so crazy. I am sooo sorry. But like you said...God is good, and He can work this out for His good purpose. So thankful no one was hurt.

Anonymous said...

A dear friend once told me that, "if the spiritual warfare you're experiencing is any indication you're having on the impact of God's Kingdom, it's gonna be big." So here's to believing you're in it to win it for God. I'm so proud of you for listing what you Are Thankful For in this unfortunate circumstance. Don't give the enemy an Inch. Keep your chin up and head bowed. Blessings, Whitney

Smith Family Blog said...

Wow, Erin! I am WAY behind on reading people's blogs, if you can tell-- I bet you feel like life will NEVER be normal again! But what a wonderful reminder of God's promises, and right when you needed it!