Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Praises

Praise #1
My mom's surgery went very well. I haven't seen her yet (I'm headed to the hospital as soon as my niece arrives to watch Kaitlyn for me) but Monica (my sister) told me that mom is in very good spirits. She's quite a bit drugged up, which could account for the good spirits, but at least she has her spunk.

Praise #2
After much weeping and gnashing of teeth and several unexpected bumps in the road, I have internet service at home. And cable. And a home phone. Woohoo!

My day didn't go as expected - Kaitlyn was home today with a fever, and Mike had an emergency business trip to Michigan. I would like to have planned it a little differently, however, everything has worked out ok so I won't complain (too much).

Thanks to everyone for your prayers! I'll keep you updated on mom's progress. One additional specific prayer is that her digestive system will start working ASAP so she can start on liquids, and move quickly to real food. (She doesn't want to eat baby food for the next week.) :-)

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Yay for both...those are both big things to be thankful for! So glad you mom came through ok.