Thursday, July 24, 2008

Stayin' Alive

What a month.

I can't believe it's been so long since my last post. It's been quite a whirlwind.

For three years, Mike and I have waited for things to take off for the company he works for. For about two years we've talked about moving, and last October we finally put our house on the market, where it stayed for eight months. In December, I submitted my resume for a new job.

The wait for each of these things has felt endless.

Until they all happened AT THE SAME TIME.

Within a two-week time span, they all happened. Well, my husband's company hasn't exploded overnight, but the dominoes are starting to fall and they are falling faster than I can keep up with.

The good news is that these are all huge blessings for us.

The part that makes me tired is that they are all big life changes and they all take a significant amount of energy.

Hence, the long pause in blogging.

So... I hope to return soon with more updates, and more writing, and more stories about the ins and outs of life. For the moment, I think this is all the writing I can muster.

Oh - except to ask for prayer that the closing on both houses will happen without any problems. We are supposed to close next Tuesday, the 29th. (My mom's birthday!) Please pray that everything will go smoothly!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Erin! Was just thinking of you today and hoping all is well. Hope things settle down for you shortly and you'll be back! :)