Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Addiction and the Gospel

I've mentioned my friend Teresa in some of my previous posts, and now it's time to give her husband, Tal, a mention. They are part of a ministry called Route1520, which helps families and individuals who struggle with, or have been affected by, sexual addiction.

I love what they are doing. And I love that the things they talk about affect all of us - at the heart of sex addiction is the same thing that's at the heart of ANY addiction or brokenness that we experience.

Below is a video of Tal talking about the hurt that led to his addiction, and his encounter with the Gospel that began his journey out of addiction. I find it interesting that much of what he says in the second half relates to what I said about my own journey in this video. The specific sin and brokenness in our lives might look a lot different, but when you distill it down to the root, it all has the same cause and the same solution.

I'm probably not done mentioning Tal and Teresa. In fact, Teresa just published another blog post that hit home for me in several areas of my life. I see reflections of myself in much of what they say and anticipate sharing more of their videos and writing with you in the future.

Stay tuned later this week for my next vlog! This one will be about "riding the wave."

Here is Tal's video:

No comments: