Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Everybody wants to be a cat

I have watched The Aristocats approximately 40 times in the past 10 days.

As far as children's movies go, this one isn't bad. It's one that I liked as a kid and it is definitely a Disney classic.

But I've watched it so much that I now over-analyze the plot.

I mean, really, doesn't Edgar know that even though the cats will inherit the money first, he will still have to be around to take care of them? While continuing to live in the mansion? While enjoying all the money left behind?

Doesn't he also know that cats don't really have nine lives, and that the cats (in all likelihood) wouldn't really outlive him?

Also, if kidnapping the cats was news enough to make the front page of the paper, don't you think the police would get involved? And don't you think they would question Edgar? And don't you think they would find some evidence that would indicate him?

I think the movie would have been greatly improved if they had taken care of some of these pesky details and made it a little more realistic. Because, obviously, the whole taking/singing animals part is totally realistic.

Yeah, it's been a long week.

Also, I went to Wal-Mart on Sunday to do some shopping and found myself humming this for an hour and a half:

1 comment:

Jen L said...

Okay I think you've watched it too many times. I do love that movie too! It was one of my childhood favorites too.