Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Haircut - UPDATED

Today, at 11:45am EST (or is it EDT?) I will get my hair cut. I am so happy about this because my hair is beginning to rebel in the mornings. It always flips up in one particular spot in the back, and with a three-year-old running circles around me, I barely have enough energy to make her behave let alone trying to make my hair behave.

I've had the same cut for a while now and I'm tired of it. For several months I've been on the hunt for something new, and on August 31 the Lord blessed me with the exact inspiration I needed.

I think I'm going to do this.

I love how the back is no fuss, but the front is still long enough that it looks similar to what I currently have. I only hope that my hair cooperates and will leave me with a cut that actually looks like the photos.

Also, God bless you, Pioneer Woman, for not only thinking to take these photos and post them for your readers, but also for having the foresight to post photos of every angle of the cut. If I could give you a hug, I would.

Depending on how things go tonight after work (and how I feel about my hair post-cut), I'll try to have Mike take some photos so you can see how it turned out.

**UPDATE**

I'm not posting a photo tonight. 1) Because the biggest, ugliest pimple known to man suddenly appeared on my face this afternoon. I suppose it's not that big of a deal, but still. Does that make me vain? 2) Because Kaitlyn felt the need to restyle my hair tonight after dinner. She "combed" and "styled" it for a good half hour so I can only imagine what it must look like right now.

The good news is that I love it. LOVE. IT. My stylist used a straightener on the front, but it would actually look just as cute if I did a little finger styling with some hair product and then let it air dry. It's a GREAT low maintenance cut for me!

1 comment:

Kyle Luke said...

I want to see pictures of you with the haircut!