Saturday, January 10, 2009

Update

This is an update on two very important things.

First, my mammogram went well. My tech was incredibly nice, and while the whole process was a little uncomfortable (what with all the squishing and pulling), it wasn't the worst thing that's ever happened to me.

Second, I don't like the new Wiggles. I know you have all been waiting on pins and needles to find out what I think about their new format, and finally I am ready to share my opinion with you.

It's not so much that I don't like Sam (the new Wiggle), I just don't like the new format. It's just a bunch of songs that they sing while standing in front a green screen, and they change costumes and the background to fit the song. Can't we go back to the boat, and the car, and the beach, and the "Little Wiggles", and the Wiggle house, and the live concert shots?

I cannot believe I have so much of an opinion about this. I never thought I would spend so much time and energy comparing two versions of a children's show.

That's all. Off to finish the rest of my morning coffee... Have a happy weekend!

3 comments:

WILLOW TREE said...

Here's a high five from me to you for doing your part to save the ta ta's! I'm So getting that shirt next time the big walk rolls around, lol.

I laughed out loud about the Wiggles, not at you, WITH you, because I think so too, and I felt the same way when they changed the Doodlebops. Ah, motherhood.

Blessings, Carolynn

Lisa aka @those2girls said...

I'm glad my son is out of that stage (we were big on the wiggles when they 1st came out). Now we're into action heroes etc. The funny thing is he loves the retro shows that I watched as a kid. Flinstones, Bugs Bunny, Smurfs, Tom & Jerry. It makes for much more enjoyable mommy viewing! lol

Lizzie said...

lol...

First--YAY for the boobies!!

Second--I couldn't bear to let my kids watch too much Wiggles...they make me cringe...even the old format. Of course, I can't stand too much yelling on Dora or Diego, either. I'm much more into the PBS kids shows...even though some of the hosts act like they've just smoked a doobie. Oh well. ;)