Monday, December 22, 2008

The new game at our house:

Seeing if we can make it up the driveway and into the garage.

Friday night I lost, and had to wait for Mike to come home and scrape off part of the ice. But I didn't go down without a fight - I wonder what the neighbors thought of me reversing the car and then gunning it at different angles in an attempt to find a spot with traction.

I thought I might lose again today because I hit a "speed bump" about halfway up that had been created by the combination of ice and blowing snow. I had to do some creative maneuvering, which for a split-second seemed as if it might result in me running the car through the side of the garage, or proppeling us backwards into the yard.

Yeah, I could totally do one of those car chases in an action film. Just call me 007. (Or 911, depending on how things go.)

When is spring?

2 comments:

Monica said...

I think you already know I hate your driveway...and not because of the ice. =)

(For those who might wonder, they also have really steep curbs, and I bottom out EVERY.SINGLE.TIME!)

Jackie said...

Yikes girl...be careful! That is one thing I do NOT miss about IN...all the ice. My mom has a huge long driveway and she just about took out a few trees yesterday when she spun out.