Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Bouncing back

I think we are finally getting back to normal, whatever "normal" is. I am still not feeling 100%, but I am close to it. I can't believe how much this virus kicked my butt - today is day #12 or 13 that I've been affected by it. Yuck.

One sign of normalcy is that I created a menu plan this weekend. Creating it took more energy than I thought it would, so I definitely wasn't going to get it posted. (Maybe next week.)

Another sign of normalcy is that I went shopping at Aldi's. I generally buy half (or more) of my grocery list from Aldi's because it is so much cheaper, but I have to be more intentional about shopping there because it's farther away from home. (And the past two months have not lent themselves to being intentional about anything.)

I am also back to work, which is bittersweet. I'm glad to be back in the swing of things but I am very much missing my afternoon nap. It's amazing how you can become so accustomed to something after just a week and a half.

My mom is also bouncing back, and had a good doctor's appointment today. It seems that her recovery is right on schedule. Praise the Lord!

I need to stop by later to write another post, dedicated to my little girl who is turning two today. I can't believe that my profile picture is already a year old, and I can't believe how much she has grown up since it was taken.

**sniff sniff**

But, more on that later. For now I am off to try and knock out more of my work to-do list without falling asleep at my desk. Maybe I should go grab some caffeine...

1 comment:

Monica said...

Hey there! Just wanted to say "hi" and that I'm glad you all are bouncing back. Luv ya!