Monday, June 16, 2008

MPM - Week of 6/16/08



This week's menu is not really that exciting, but I thought I'd post it anyway. :-) Here is the plan:

Monday - BLT's*, chips, veggies
Tuesday - Simple chicken (cooked in the slow cooker with a can of 98% fat free cream of chicken soup), stuffing, corn or green beans
Wednesday - Breakfast for dinner (carried over from last week)
Thursday - Up for grabs (and the first Love in Action of the summer! I'll post more about this later in the week.)
Friday - Grilled chicken (marinated in Italian dressing) served on a nice big salad

The Friday plan could get carried to next week since Mike might have a trip out of town, and if he doesn't go out of town we might decide to go to the Jazz Festival instead and eat there.

Like I said, it's all very simple, but it's that kind of a week. :-) Go see Laura's blog for more great menu ideas!

*The BLT's are being made with tomatoes from my parents' tomato plants. They are on vacation and while I was checking on things at their house this weekend I noticed some ripe tomatoes ready for picking. Woohoo! No salmonella for us, thank you very much!

4 comments:

Smith Family Blog said...

I'm interested in the simple chicken. How long, and how high, in the crockpot? Is it just chicken breasts?

Erin K. said...

I usually throw a couple of frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot, pour on a can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, and let it cook on low while I'm at work. (8-9 hours.) It can get a little dried out, so you probably could cook it for less time and it would come out ok. This won't win any awards for gourmet cooking, but it is SO nice for a day when I have little time or energy to put into cooking.

Sometimes I will also throw in a couple of quartered potatoes and let those cook with the chicken. Then I heat up some frozen corn or green beans when I get home from work and it makes a super easy dinner!

Smith Family Blog said...

Thanks! I can't tell you how often I need meals like this. I am NOT a cook. And when I say not, I mean NOT. I hate every part of it. So this will be great for me!

Anonymous said...

I love your Monday Menu posts. Such a great idea. I am not a great cook...mainly because I just do not enjoy it. Thus, I have a terrible time thinking of things to make. Thanks for some new ideas!