Sunday, March 23, 2008

A truly Good Friday (and a good Saturday, too)

Friday and Saturday turned out to be extremely productive, and yet relaxing the same time. What a great weekend!

On Friday I cleaned out my stamp area. In a couple of weeks I'll be having a "going out of business" open house to officially close out my time as a demonstrator for Stampin' Up, so I needed to sort out my things and decide what to sell. It was so freeing to be able to get rid of so much!! There are so many magazines and idea books and cards and projects that I've been hanging on to because I might need them one day, and guess what?? I never needed them. Oh, and guess what else? A digital camera works GREAT to take pictures of cards so I can store them digitally and then get rid of the actual cards. Who would have thought?? I'm hanging on to a handful of cards so I can actually use them (oh, are you supposed to make these things and then SEND them to people?? what a concept!!) but the other 100 cards are being sold, along with several stamp sets and miscellaneous tools I've never used.

Another thing I accomplished on Friday was to finish up this set of cards, which will be given to a friend as a thank you gift. I've only been meaning to get this project for about three months. (insert rolling eyes)

Friday was also a good day to get some miscellaneous things done around the house. Have I ever mentioned how wonderful my husband is?? He cleaned up the kitchen, which was a huge task because sickness has prevented us from keeping up with it and it had become Mt. Dishmore, and he also straightened up the house while I was busing sorting through my stamp stuff. It was nice for both of us to have the day off to stay home, get things accomplished, relax a little, and take time to celebrate what Jesus did for us on the cross.

Saturday was even more productive than Friday. We lounged around a little bit in the morning while I got my meal plan and grocery list together, then we hit the road. We did grocery shopping, part 1, at Aldi's and then stopped at Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch. Yummm. Then we did grocery shopping, part 2, at Meijer's. After grocery shopping I put the groceries away, hard boiled a dozen eggs, made a cheesecake from scratch, made Mexican lasagna (see tomorrow's post for the recipe) for dinner later this week, made dinner, made cinnamon rolls (NOT from scratch) for Easter breakfast at church, cleaned up the kitchen, and did a few loads of laundry in between.

Oh, and dyed Easter eggs. I would say that Katie-bug helped, but I didn't dare let her get near the dye. We're taking them to Grandma and Pop-Pop's house today where her cousins can help her put stickers on them. Maybe next year she can actually help with the dyeing process. :-)

Whew! What a day. The best part about it is that my kitchen is clean, even after all that cooking and baking and activity.

Well, really that's not the best part. The best part is that I get to have homemade cheesecake for dessert today. Mmmmm.

1 comment:

Miss Monica said...

For anyone wondering...that cheesecake was DELISH!!! =)