Monday, March 31, 2008

MPM - Week of 3/31


I'm a little late in getting this posted today, but better late than never, right?

One trend I've noticed is that I plan six meals for each week but we tend to only eat five of them. A couple times a week something usually comes up - a meeting, a bad day, a kitchen that simply refuses to clean itself up (kitchens are self-cleaning, right???) - and we resort to the "up for grabs" dinner. This could mean leftovers, or it could mean canned soup, a frozen dinner, sandwiches, cereal, etc. Or it could mean eating out. (This is my favorite, but alas, it is not usually the budget-concious thing to do.)

It used to be that I would account for this to happen once a week but it seems to happen at least twice a week. And why should I keep planning one more meal in a week than I will really cook? It just seems silly. And I am all about avoiding silliness. (Not really.) So I am here to debut my new and improved five-meal-a-week menu plan - ta da!

Oh, also, a couple weeks ago Meijer had a buy one get TWO free sale (gotta love those) on this:


Which is why Philly Sandwiches have been on the menu a lot. In case you were wondering.

Menu for 3/31 to 4/6
Monday: Up for Grabs
Tuesday: Teriyaki Chicken (carry-over from last week)
Wednesday: Spaghetti
Thursday: Philly Sandwiches
Friday: Up for Grabs
Saturday: Sticky Chicken (I've seen so many people rave about this!)
Sunday: Chicken Quesadillas, using leftover sticky chicken

Stop in at OrgJunkie.com for more menu ideas!

No comments: