Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Treasure hunt

According to Ecclesiastes 3:1, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven," including "a time to be silent and a time to speak." (Verse 7)

I suppose the past few months have been my time to be silent.

Have you ever had a season where it didn't seem like you were making much progress, but you just felt exhausted? I feel like I jumped into the deep end of the pool about three months ago and have been swimming around nonstop. There have been a lot of deep thoughts. Deep concepts. Deep thought patterns to consider and wrestle with. Deep questions.

Actually, it's more like I've been swimming in the ocean, and God keeps pushing me to find treasure at the bottom. He's been giving me clues and guidance, and I've had to dive down and rummage through the rubble on the ocean floor.

It's been quite messy at times. When you move things around on the ocean floor, and especially when you move things that have been there for a long time, you tend to stir things up and then it's hard to see.

But God is still there, saying, "I know it was hard to find those few gold coins, but don't stop there. Keep digging! There's a whole treasure chest I want you to find! It will be tiring, and you're going to have to wrestle with a bunch of junk, but in the end you'll have the treasure."

For several weeks I've been trying to figure out why I stopped blogging. I'm not sure if I have any clear cut answers on that, aside from life being busy and me being mentally and emotionally tired. However, I hope to pick it up again on a regular basis.

I really want to blog about some of my deep thoughts and the treasures I've found, but I'm not sure that I will. One thing I've discovered about myself is that I tend to make promises because it seems like I should, and then I feel obligated to do something that I didn't really want to do in the first place. So, I'm trying to be better about being honest on the front end. And, honestly, I hope that I'll be able to put words to some of the things I've learned but I'm not going to push it. Maybe it will simply come out in the midst of writing about life in general.

One thing I do want to get back to is doing Menu Plan Monday. I didn't realize how much it helped to keep me on track with having a meal plan for the week!

Also, I do need to write about Kaitlyn's third birthday and post some photos. I can't believe she turned THREE! Where does the time go?

2 comments:

Jen L said...

I love this post! It really made me think. I never thought of it this way but you are so right when you say, "When you move things around on the ocean floor, and especially when you move things that have been there for a long time, you tend to stir things up and then it's hard to see." That's exactly how my life has been of late. I so hope I can keep being patient and wait for my treasure too! Great post!

WILLOW TREE said...

I can SO relate to the digging around the ocean floor for His treasure. Wow.

Write when you're ready, the blogosphere is always here. I try not to fill my page with words, but with meaning, you do the same.

Blessings,
C~