Monday, September 28, 2009

Menu Plan - 9.28.09 (recipe added)


Today is the first day that the weather really feels like fall. I want to put on a comfy sweatshirt, curl up under a blanket, sip some cider, and watch football. So, it works out perfectly that this week's plan includes chili and homemade bread. Mmmmm!

If you want more menu inspiration, visit orgjunkie.com.

Monday
Chili and homemade bread

Tuesday
Spaghetti and meatballs

Wednesday
Cheesy chicken and noodles*

Thursday
Breakfast for dinner

Friday
Leftovers

*The cheesy chicken and noodles casserole is one of our favorites, and is great for when you want to take a meal to someone. I just looked in my archives and I don't think I've ever posted the recipe, which I can't believe because it is such a favorite! I don't have it in front of me at the moment, but I'll return to post it later. It's a keeper!

***Here it is***

Cheesy Chicken & Noodles
16 oz noodles, cooked
4 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups velveta cheese
2 cups milk

Mix all ingredients and pour into a baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, stirring a few times to incorporate the ingredients.

This makes a lot so I usually freeze half of this or plan to have it twice in a week. (It's yummy enough that we'll eat twice in one week!)

No comments: