Thursday, February 19, 2009

She's not quite as spiritual as I thought

Tonight after work Kaitlyn and I went to Mike's office to see some new products his company is making, and then we went out for dinner. On the way home, Kaitlyn asked one of her new favorite questions for when we are in the car: "Where we going next?" (With a special emphasis on "next," as only a two-year-old can do.)

This often leads to her asking the same question ten times in a row, even though she gets the same answer every time. Eventually I stop answering and I say, "I don't know. Where are we going?" in an effort to redirect her.

We went through this little charade tonight and her answer shocked me. When I asked her where we were going, she said, "To talk with Jesus."

Wow, I thought. For a moment I pondered this deeply - sort of like in the Bible where is says that Mary kept "all these things and treasured them in her heart." (Or something like that.) I thought maybe she had a better understanding of Jesus than what I had given her credit for.

This is when Kaitlyn repeated herself, and I realized she was saying "To Chuck E. Cheese's."

4 comments:

WILLOW TREE said...

I so needed this; she is precious! That will keep a smile on my face all day tomorrow. :o)

Blessings, Carolynn

Anonymous said...

This is HILARIOUS

Sandrine McCurdy said...

Do you think maybe in when we lived together you picked up a Sandrine gene and passed in on? I have to come to Indiana! I need some quality time with Miss Kaitlyn! Hahaha

Lizzie said...

I love it! :)