Saturday, March 1, 2008

Taking the Plunge

So I finally decided to do it - start a blog. There were several factors that made me hesitant to become a blogger, but in the end I decided it was the thing to do. One thing that pushed me over the edge is that I've recently become a regular reader of several other blogs, both of people that I know and people I've never met personally. I've received so much from reading these - laughter, points to ponder, helpful tips and suggestions, etc. - that I thought I should return the favor.

Well, not that each of these people will read my little old blog. But I at least feel that I'm doing my service to the blogging world. Or something like that.

I also think it will be a great outlet for me. A place to post my ramblings (instead of always leaving crazy, rambling messages on my sister's voicemail at work) and a way to help myself process through the million things that are on my brain.

Here are ten random things about me:

1. I used to DESPISE onions - the site of them, the smell of them, the taste of them, the thought of them. And suddenly, about two months ago, they became tolerable. It was like someone flipped a switch in me and now I'm eating them. Weird.

2. I love old movies. Especially ones with Cary Grant.

3. I'm writing this while watching a recorded episode of Back to You. It's hilarious!

4. I'm having trouble concentrating on this list because of the aforementioned episode of Back to You.

5. I have about six books that I got from library two and a half weeks ago sitting on my shelf. I haven't read any of them, and I highly doubt I will finish them off in the next three days.

6. Diet Dr. Pepper is my drink of choice. Well, that and coffee. Coffee with french vanilla creamer. Or white chocolate mochas from Starbucks. Mmmmmmmm.

7. For about three years my job was to help plan Billy Graham Crusades. I lived in eight different cities, and it was the most awesome job ever! I left it because this guy named Mike asked me to marry him. :-D

8. I love watching football. (Go Cowboys!)

9. I am mom to an adorable 18-month-old little girl.

10. This week I celebrated four years of marriage to my wonderful hubby, who is taking me on a date tonight.

No comments: